We know patients have a choice about where they have their surgery performed. Thank you for choosing Helena SurgiCenter and trusting us with your upcoming procedure.
When it comes to surgery, we understand that there are a lot of details to keep track of. We want the day of your surgery to be a seamless experience and make sure you are sufficiently prepared for your surgery and after care at home. Knowing what to expect as a patient helps remove some of the anxiety related to your upcoming procedure and ensures a more streamlined surgical process. Below is information that your team at Helena SurgiCenter hopes will be of assistance to you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns at (406) 457-4200.
Extended Recovery Hours
Helena SurgiCenter is now offering extended recovery hours Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and every other Friday, until 10 p.m.! Patients now have the option to spend a few more hours under the supervision of a recovery nurse before they go home. It allows us to care for patients who may not have been a candidate for outpatient surgery under our previous recovery hours. This is a great option in the event your loved ones need a little more time to prepare for you to come home, or if you want a bit more time to relax after surgery.
- Your insurance policy is an agreement between you and your insurance company. Our relationship is with you, not your insurance company. Therefore, all charges are ultimately your responsibility, regardless of your insurance status. You are responsible for getting proper referral and pre-authorization information prior to your surgery.
- It may be possible for patients to receive 3 separate bills for their procedure. Our financial agreement states that our bill does not include the anesthesiologist bill or the surgeon’s bill. Depending on your procedure, you may also see a bill for labs/pathology, radiologist bill, or prosthesis/orthopedic appliances.
- If you do not currently have insurance, Helena SurgiCenter does require a 50% deposit on the day of your surgery.
- Helena SurgiCenter accepts Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance plans. Please contact your private insurance provider to confirm that your plan covers you. We also accept payment in cash, check, and all major credit and debit cards. We are happy to accept your credit card payment over the phone.
- It is the policy of the Helena SurgiCenter to provide medical care to needy patients. If your account balance is a financial hardship, we may be able to help through our Patient Assistance Program. Your account balance may be adjusted if you qualify.
- For your health and safety, some laboratory tests or medical clearance may be required prior to your procedure. If so, please inform us where these were done so we may obtain the results.
- Please complete your health history form and return it to the surgery center as soon as possible.
- A nurse will call you the day before surgery with specific times and instructions. If you are not contacted by 3:00PM the day before surgery by the surgery center RN, please call us at 406-457-4200.
- Arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours after surgery.
- Please call your surgeon immediately at their office if you become ill or are otherwise unable to keep your appointment.
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke anything after midnight the evening before your surgery or procedure unless otherwise instructed, including gum, mints, and water.
- If instructed by your surgeon, take a bath or shower with any special soap provided to you by Helena SurgiCenter.
- Take appropriate medications as instructed by your pre-op nurse with a small sip of water.
- Leave all your jewelry and valuables at home, including any jewelry you wear on a daily basis.
- Bring your insurance card(s) and a photo ID with you.
- Bring a complete list of any medications and/or herbals/supplements you are currently taking, including dosage and frequency.
- Bring your selected method of payment. We typically require a $100 payment the day of surgery, depending on insurance.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing.
- After your procedure, you will be moved to one of our fully-equipped recovery rooms. Our nurses and anesthesia provider will closely monitor you until you are ready to go home.
- The nurse will review specific instructions given by your surgeon with you and the responsible adult who is to accompany you home, then they will escort you to the car.
- You may be sleepy or dizzy after your surgery, even after spending time in recovery. You should plan to go home and stay at home for the rest of the day. For your own safety, it is important that you do not drive a vehicle, operate machinery, drink alcohol, or make any important decisions for at least 24 hours after discharge.
- Take pain medicine as directed. If none was prescribed, take a non-aspirin pain reliever (Tylenol or ibuprofen) as needed unless your doctor told you otherwise.
- Eat light foods for the first few hours after surgery and then increase your diet as tolerated.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- If you have unexpected problems, please call your doctor.
- A nurse from Helena SurgiCenter will call you the next day to check your progress and discuss any questions you may have.